Friday, August 6, 2010

Booking through Thursday (a day late)

"What is the first book you remember reading? What about the first that made you really love reading?" -Booking through Thursday

Well, as cliche as it for me to say this, it was Harry Potter. This is the first book I remember actually picking up myself and reading. I could read beforehand, but I was lazy and liked my mom to read for me at night. And I remember she would only read a chapter at a time and at the end of a really bad (or is it good since it make you want more?) cliffhanger she shut the book, tucked me in and turned out my light. I think I waited until I heard her footsteps in the other room before dashing to my light, turning it on and picking up where she left off. I don't know if I finished the book that night or not, but I think my mom was more happy about the fact I was reading on my own then mad that I had stayed up past my bedtime. *smiles*

No comments:

Post a Comment